Banner

Cabinet Approves a $649 Million for Catering Services at Hospitals

Cabinet approved a $649 million contract to Caterers in Motion Limited for the provision of dietary services at the Kingston Public, Victoria Jubilee and the National Chest Hospitals.

Speaking on July 18 Jamaica House press briefing at the Office of the Prime Minister, Minister with responsibility for Information, Senator the Hon. Sandrea Falconer, said the contract is being awarded for three years.

"The Minister of Health had advised that there had been no formal contract since Versair In-flight Services Limited discontinued catering services in 2008.  An interim arrangement had been in place with the Caterers in Motion Limited since then,” she said.

She informed Cabinet noted that there is a need for regular audit to determine if value for money is being received and whether the decision to outsource dietary services was achieving the desired objectives.

The contract was approved by the Ministry of Finance and Planning and the National Contracts Commission.

 

By Chris Patterson, JIS Reporter



 

 

JIS Media Centre

  • JIS TV
  • JIS Radio
Open in new window

NEWSLETTER SIGNUP

Sign up for our e-mail news digest and free tips from JISNews

Banner

Testimonials

Good coverage of relevant issues... Tracks the progress of the GOJ very well and provides a good mix/source of cultural, social and other activities.

Mrs. Shellie Chelsie-Vernon
General Secretary, Jamaica Civil Service Association